The wonderful month that is September is nearly over, hasn’t it been a fun ride? This week there isn’t much news left, today we are expecting some trade data – likely to be weak, but otherwise the central banks are done for the next 2-3 months and it should be a relatively quiet week news flow wise.
- Thailand Future Fund to be IPO-filed this year end. The financial advisors are selecting projects to be included in the funds. The 3 possible projects are Motorway #7, Motorway #9 and Rama III-Dao Kanong-Bangkok outer ring road. (Bangkok Biz, 16/9/16)
- Fresh stimulus on the way. The government is poised to launch a fresh round of stimulus measures, targeting agriculture specifically, in an effort to ward off downside risks to economic growth as the recovery sputters along. (Bangkok Post, 22/9/16)
- Sino-Thai railwork set for December. The draft contract for the Sino-Thai highspeed railway should be finalised in October, and the first phase of construction is expected to start in December, says Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith. (Bangkok Post, 22/9/16)
- TOT signs six-month deal for AWN trial roaming on 2.1GHz. TOT and Advanced Wireless Network, a subsidiary of Advanced Info Service (AIS), signed a sixmonth contract on Tuesday that will see AWN trial-roaming on the state agency’s 2.1-gigahertz spectrum, said a TOT source. (The Nation, 22/9/16)
- GH Bank asked to put low-income people in homes. DEPUTY Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak yesterday asked the Government Housing (GH) Bank to join the Treasury Department, the National Housing Authority and other agencies to find ways for low-income earners and the elderly to own homes. (The Nati on, 23/9/16)
So our favourite funny man in the telecom industry has announced this morning that he wants to buy out all the shares in JAS at THB 7.25/share.
If you remember your corp fin 101, MBO’s are typically done for a strong cash generative business and with plenty of cash on the b/s. Now JAS doesn’t quite the criteria on these 2 points, their business is stagnant given they’ve sold off the CF’s to a fund already and they’ve gone on a sharebuyback spree in since the 4G debacle. So how does this make any sense? We have our theories but writing them publicly would definitely be considered slander..
Anyways..here are the official announcements: