Two days ago the Ministry of Commerce announced the inflation figures for June 2012, +2.56% YoY up from 2.53% in May.
- House and furnishing prices increased 0.28% MoM (function of an increase in construction materials, rental fees, water and electricity chargers)
- Food and beverage prices remained flat
- We’ve mentioned continuously that inflation is only likely to pick up towards the end of 2012 at which point the BOT will increase rates.
- Electricity fees will increase
- The NGV, LPG and product price maintenance programs will end in August
|Inflation Forecasts Comparisons|
|Bank of Thailand (Headline Inflation)||3.50%|
|Bank of Thailand (Core Inflation)||2.50%|
|Ministry of Commerce||3.3-3.8%|
|Fiscal Policy Office||3.60%|
|Source: BOT, MOC, FPO|