- WHA – The founder
- Somyos Anantaprayoon, current chairman of WHA Corporation Plc, was fined 500,000 baht for telling two newspapers — published on Oct 27, 2014 — that the company was in talks to acquire a listed company worth 50 billion baht, though such information had not yet been made public.
- BKI – The Chairman
- The SEC said that Mr Chai, as director and chief executive at the time, had revealed that BKI would give two stock dividends for every five shares held by shareholders on top of cash dividend payments for the company’s 2013 financial operations to those who bought BKI’s shares from Feb 24 to 25, 2014 ahead of public disclosure on Feb 28 of the same year.
- GLOBAL – The founders
- The SEC also fined Witoon Suriyawanakul, chairman of the management committee and director of Siam Global House (Global), and three other shareholders a combined 25.3 million baht for insider trading. The SEC’s investigation found that Mr Witoon bought 8.02 million shares and 3.5 million units of warrants of Global from June 29 to Aug 23, 2012 using accounts of people who have a relationship with him in order to take advantage of inside information regarding SCG Distribution’s planned acquisition of Global. The other three shareholders were viewed as accomplices.
- AMC – An investor
BEAUTY expects 2015 revenue to grow 20% backed by SSS growth, new outlets, and new products. 2Q15 revenue is expected to achieve target. (Khao Hoon, 17/07/15)
Comment: Given that they say Chinese travelers are one of their biggest customer segments, with the continued increase in Chinese tourists to Thailand, would this continue to have a positive effect for BEAUTY?
BIG plans to hold marketing campaigns for Big Camera, Big Pro days and Photo Fair as appropriate for the season. It is confident 2015 revenue will hit its target of 10%. (Khao Hoon, 17/07/15)
BLA expects 2Q15 earnings of Bt1bn (+500%YoY). Management says 2015 earnings will be good as it focuses on long-term insurance. (Khao Hoon, 17/07/15)
Comment: That’s quite the turnaround for BLA.
Board okays a JV with Bt100mn registered capital (Bt52mn from FORTH). The objective of this JV is to invest in online top-up business. (Khao Hoon, 17/07/15)
Comment: Always liked forth but only because of (below) its stake in FSMART
There’ll be the usual annual rebalancing in the SET Indices names this week, the official changes are:
Additions: BA, BMCL, CBG, ITD, SAWAD, TPIPL, WHA, THCOM
Deletions: BAY, BIGC, BJC, HEMRAJ, KTIS, SCCC, SPALI, VGI
Additions: ASP, BA, BEAUTY, CBG, CKP, LHBANK, MONO, RS, S, SAPPE, U, UNIQ, WHA
Deletions: BAY, BCH, BIGC, BJC, IFEC, KTIS, MEGA, NOK, PTG, SCCC, SIM, STA, THREL
Additions: ASP, CPF, HANA, PS
ABC expects to report net profit in 3Q15 after a loss of Bt32mn, with revenue of Bt3bn. It plans to expand to E-commerce by launching an application with a credit card point redemption campaign. (Khao Hoon, 26/05/15)
Comment: I still have extreme doubts on ABC’s business, perhaps they’ll allow us to redeem credit card points to purchase the property projects they are also planning on doing?
BCP expects to book inventory gain in 2Q15 with 2015 EBITDA of Bt10.4bn. The company has scheduled a meeting with shareholders about selecting board members from the Vayupak Fund and SSO. (Khao Hoon, 26/05/15)
2Q15 earnings to be better than 1Q14’s Bt308mn backed by increasing orders that will raise revenue to Bt1.7bn. Management says the company plans to expand into Indonesia. (Thun Hoon, 26/05/15)
Comment: Indonesia…not the easiest market in the world for beauty products. But retail punters love to hear this!
Management expects 2Q15 earnings of Bt16bn, third in the insurance business. (Khao Hoon, 26/05/15)
Buy(s) THB 134 mn
- BLA – It’s not often that we see the family buy shares in BLA, times changing for BLA?
- MK – Looks like a switch between the family
Sell(s) THB 476 mn
- BEAUTY – Block sale to a foreign institution
- PL – A director sells off thb 24 mn, looks like a block sale as well
Given the way December ’14 performed I thought it would be more interesting to present all the transactions that occurred during the month.
Buy(s) THB 6bn
- AAV, RS, CENTEL, BA, LIVE, M-CHAI, NBC, BA, STA, CPF, MC, EARTH, BBL, BLA, EARTH, AKR, PACE, TH
Sell(s) THB 10 bn
- RS, AAV, CGD, AP, NYT, SCC, TUF, KIAT, ABC, NMG, JMART, GRAMMY, ITD, BSM, CEN