Buy(s) THB 598 mn
- BIG – Some THB 160 mn bought by the two founders, a block purchase perhaps?
- BA – And he continues to buy and buy and buy
- BROOK – Hmmm BROOK … hmmm
- SPALI – Typically whenever you see this family buying back their shares in SPALI, implies a very positive sign
- BDMS – This time it’s another director buying the shares! Then…see below
- SIRI – Someone else joining the President in buying back shares
- CM – Are soy bean prices on the rise?
- SAWANG – This represents ~7% of total shares, wonder what the story is here…
Sell(s) THB 231 mn
- MEGA – We have never seen management buying in this name since its IPO…
- BDMS – So he bought some shares @ 22.15 and then sold a portion of it @ 22.35, well ok…
AIT reported 3Q15 net profit of Bt148.84mn (+69.17%). Its 9-month net profit is Bt416.68mn. It expects to finish projects to reach target. (Thun Hoon, 16/11/15)
Comment: Astounding numbers from AIT, although given that Thailand’s government spending in this sector has been a bit slow last year it isn’t a surprise to see a decent recovery
AZAY reported 9-month performance of 7% growth YoY. It expects to use digital system to increase sale efficiency. (Khao Hoon, 16/11/15)
BSM reported 3Q15 net profit of Bt7mn (+20%) YoY after an increase in sales. (Thun Hoon, 16/11/15)
Comment: I’ve always liked this company but never found the valuation to be attractive…
CHO is likely to not get its main expected NGV bus project since the project is expected to be canceled. (Khao Hoon, 16/11/15)
Comment: Quite the surprise for the CEO, he seemed rather adamant that he was going to be able to successfully win.
ADVANC reported 2Q15 net profit of Bt9.8bn (16% growth) backed by higher service revenue and mobile phone sales. It will pay a dividend of Bt6.5/share, XD on Aug 11. It revised down 2015 target growth from 3-4% to 3%. (Khao Hoon, 04/08/15)
AJD is talking to prospective Chinese partner (Alibaba) to invest in logistics and Ecommerce in Thailand. It is considering an alternative for this JV such as capital increase via PP, or setting up a subsidiary. It expects conclusion by the end of this year. (Thun Hoon, 04/08/15)
Comment: I have my doubts that Alibaba would partner with AJD
ARROW expects 2Q15 earnings to be close to 1Q15’s Bt62.16mn. It is confident 2015 revenue will reach Bt1.2bn, backed by numerous orders. It has received BoI promotion for its product (tube for underground wire), which it plans to introduce in 3Q15. It targets revenue of Bt20mn from this product. (Thun Hoon, 04/08/15)
Comment: A wonderful grower in the past 2 years, the only question here is capacity constraint going to be an issue?
BDMS expects 2Q15 earnings of Bt1.5bn aided by local and international patients. 2H15 net profit is expected to be higher than Bt3.7bn. (Khao Hoon, 04/08/15)
ABC launches online shopping tomorrow. It is partnering with credit card companies to allow customers to exchange their credit card points for its online products and services through its website for items such as concert tickets and cell phones. (Kao Hoon, 15/09/14)
Comment: still doesn’t explain the current valuation of ABC, I do like the idea of credit points being able to be exchanged though.
AP confident in a good 2H14 with more than Bt20bn in backlog expected to be booked. It also plans to launch eight new projects worth more than Bt7bn in 2H14. It reconfirms its presales and revenue targets this year. It expects 3Q14 presales of Bt6bn supported by the launch of three new projects. (Kao Hoon, 15/09/14)
Comment: a short post coming up Re their stock dividend.
BEC in talks to find solutions – Bangkok Entertainment Co (BEC), which operates Channel 3 analog programs, has submitted two options for the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) to consider in its proposal to air analog content on a digital TV channel. (The Nation, 15/09/14)
Comment: I still look at this as the NBTC strong arming BEC to shift to digital
Buy(s) THB 127 mn
- CM – This is an odd purchase as we mentioned earlier only b/c the company doesn’t appear to be doing anything interesting
- RS – Are the two main shareholders fighting each other to accumulate more shares?
Sell(s) THB 326 mn
- ITD – Nearly THB 300 mn sold by the key persons in ITD