- Prayuth to approve building and land tax in cabinet meeting tomorrow, according to a source. (Daily News, 30/5/16)
- Government Housing Bank and Government Saving Bank to discuss with Ministry of Finance regarding loan approvals since the banks need to reject about 60% of loan applications in order to adhere to the ministry’s policy. (Thai Rath, 30/5/16)
- BoT: Inflation rate on target – The consumer price index edged up by 0.46% in May from a year earlier after rising 0.07% in April, its first annual gain in 16 months. The core inflation rate, which excludes raw food and energy prices, was registered at 0.78% in May, unchanged from April’s figure. (Bangkok Post, 2/6/16)
- State to allot B5bn for SEZ — The government plans to invest 5 billion baht on building a special economic zone (SEZ) in Sa Kaeo to serve small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) operators, says Industry Minister Atchaka Sibunruang. (Bangkok Post, 3/6/16)
- Yellen: Rate hike probably appropriate in the coming months — Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said Friday an interest rate hike is “probably” appropriate in the coming months if economic data improve. “It’s appropriate, and I’ve said this in the past, I think for the Fed to gradually and cautiously increase our overnight interest rate over time and probably in the coming months, such a move would be appropriate,” she said in response to a question at Harvard’s Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study. (CNBC, 30/5/16)
The military coup, and the economic plans that they are pushing through, plus the “stability” that has arised from the coup have resulted in the market performing very well in the past week. For the first time in months we don’t really have to worry about any political events.
And its all done!
Preah Vihear belongs to Cambodia as everyone had expected, the Senate kicked out the Amnesty Bill with a 140-0 vote. What else are they going to stay on the streets for now? To kick the government out and have a snap election? Please democrats you’re still going to lose. Red shirts what are you on the street for now? To place pretty red banners all around CentralWorld? Protesters go home!
Market’s have begun their rally and are most likely to continue for the rest of the day. Now if only I could find a Whistle manufacturer to short…